fiber diva

This is the chronicle of one woman's forays into knitting, crocheting, spinning, embroidery, papercrafts, and whatever else catches my fancy at any given time. Oh, and I talk about my cats a lot, too.

Monday, January 29, 2007

Exchange update

Last night I finished the red scarf, which I'll do the final touches for tonight and send out tomorrow, along with my skeins for "spin me a treasure." And just in time, because tote exchange III is starting in full force. because there are quite a few of us who volunteered to be hostesses, we each have only 13 or 14 people to monitor through the exchange. I've now gotten my "downstream" pal, who I need to contact, and heard from my "upstream" pal. And I have successfully matched my 14 partcipants and sent out pal assignments.
So the next step is deciding what to make! I was originally thinking about not doing something felted this time, but my pal is a working mom with 2 kids who sounds like she does a lot of active, outdoor stuff. So I'm back to thinking about a felted bag! Either something roomy or a maybe a backpack. Honestly, the constant companion bag sounds like it would work for her, but I really don't want to do 2 of the same thing, and I made one in the first swap. Oh well, I guess I'll keep looking for patterns.

I'm also still deciding what to make for Debbie, for the mystery skein swap. Over the weekend, I bought a copy of One-Skein Wonders, which has a number of cute patterns. 'Course, I'm hindered by not knowing what size she is (and I don't want to go too crazy with fitting, anyway), but I'm hoping that I can find something I want to make for her.

3 Comments:

  • At 12:13 AM, Blogger Cheryl said…

    Hello Kim in NJ
    We are both part of the International Toe exchange and I was tagged. I am tagging 5 people, you being one, sorry. You must reveal 5 thngs on your blog you have never revealed before and tag 5 others. have fun

    knitting-knut.blogspot.com

     
  • At 12:16 PM, Blogger Deborah said…

    The hardest part to me is parting with my bag. After having spent so much time obsessing over patterns, yarns and design, I get really attached. Next time, I'm going to do two bags at once - one for my partner and one for me!

     
  • At 6:37 PM, Blogger Kim in NJ said…

    Hi Cheryl,

    Ok, I'll include a post with 5 new things. Well, new to this blog anyway; my life is too open a book for me to scrape up 5 actual secrets. Oh, unless I get to make them up (haha)!

    And Hi Debbie. I know what you mean about getting attached. This time my pal has very different taste than me, so I don't think I'll get that attached, but I still kinda miss the last purse I made (the kiss purse from Sally Melville's color book).

     

Post a Comment

<< Home