fiber diva

This is the chronicle of one woman's forays into knitting, crocheting, spinning, embroidery, papercrafts, and whatever else catches my fancy at any given time. Oh, and I talk about my cats a lot, too.

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

More pictures from my travels

Well, it's been an eventful couple of weeks, and I'm just finally getting the pictures uploaded. First, here are a couple from Stitches East (11/2-11/5). I keep saying that I'm not going to take so many classes, and then I end up taking just as many classes! Ok, maybe I took one fewer this time. My favorite class from SE this year was domino knitting with Vivian Hoxbro, who is a very nice lady. She told the class that she was planning to take a break for a while and stay in Denmark until late next year, but if you get the chance to take a class with her, I'd say go for it. Here's a picture of Ms. Hoxbro showing off a domino-knit class, and next to it is my in-class project. I'm seriously considering turning it into a hat, despite how bright it is. ... or maybe because how bright it is---I figure I'll be easy to find in a crowd!

Another resolution that I wasn't able to keep (along with not taking so many classes) is not buying so much yarn, and definitely not buying any more kits---since I have so many now that are just waiting to be worked on. But then, last day of the marketplace, and the Harrisville designs booth, which does the Hoxbro patterns and kits, decides to have a sale. Sure, the kits weren't cheap and the 10% off didn't exactly make the one I wanted cheap, but it was a sale. And the word sale just...well, it's like a little temporary lobotomy, I think. Especially when sale and yarn are used in the same sentence . I'm convinced it's some kind of Pavlovian response. Perhaps I'm being kidnapped in the night without my knowledge by sheep-hearding aliens and conditioned to buy more yarn (and now roving and spindles).....hmmmm.

Or maybe I can just resist anything but temptation! But anyway, I ended up with the Ida vest in a lovely periwinkle colored silk-wool blended yarn. Well, at least the wool-peddling aliens have not messed with my color sense. (It really is pretty yarn.)

1 Comments:

  • At 1:23 PM, Blogger knitfriendly said…

    I took two classes at Stitches East as well. I had a wonderful time. I love your inclass project. Btw - I think that there was something wrong with your blogs feed because I did not get a message that you had updated in over a month and I just got one today. Weird.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home