fiber diva

This is the chronicle of one woman's forays into knitting, crocheting, spinning, embroidery, papercrafts, and whatever else catches my fancy at any given time. Oh, and I talk about my cats a lot, too.

Friday, September 29, 2006

Still working on my tote project

Well, several weeks of having this blog has shown me that I'm not any more reliable at posting to it than I am to writing to friends, though it's honestly not for lack of caring. So while I have a few minutes, I thought I'd post an update on the various projects that I'm working on.

I'm still swatching for the scarf exchange. Still on the fence about whether to use the koigu (below) or wait for the silk to come in. (which still hasn't come in.... pfft)

So in the meantime, I'm trying to finish the tote exchange project. It's a felted tote from Sally Melville's book on color (book 3 of the Knitting Experience), made with Paton's classic wool in black, threaded through with Kureyon. I've taken a number of pictures of the almost finished bag, from both the inside and outside.
The inside pics were for the tote exchange blog, because I accidentally let my pal know who I was. (It's not that I don't understand the concept of "secret"---it's the mechanics that seem to throw me.) So I haven't wanted to show her the actual bag, just tease a bit. But since I'm not sure anyone has really found this blog yet, I'll post the outside pics here as well.

Course, they're still pretty close up. I took them with the idea that I could still post them without giving too much away. Maybe I will. When finished, the bag will be felted, and then, because my pal likes the Noni bags with the big flowers on them, I'm making several roses in the kureyon to felt and sew on.

Otherwise, I'm excited about taking a spinning class tomorrow and next week. More on that (including pics) in my next post!

2 Comments:

  • At 9:01 PM, Blogger knitfriendly said…

    That bag is a beauty!! I love all of the colors that you choose. That is a great idea to strand the black with a varigated yarn so it looks like you are doing very complicated colorwork but only have two seperate yarns. Genious! :)

    Good luck at your spinning class!

     
  • At 10:48 PM, Blogger Deborah said…

    very beautiful selections for both your exchanges. The bag looks gorgeous!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home