fiber diva

This is the chronicle of one woman's forays into knitting, crocheting, spinning, embroidery, papercrafts, and whatever else catches my fancy at any given time. Oh, and I talk about my cats a lot, too.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

About computers, frustrations, and old projects



My first post looks so forlorn all by it's lonesome, so I thought I'd add a bit about some already finished projects that I actually have pictures of. Although, it's really not taking the pictures that holds me up. Taking the pictures I can do. Posting the pictures I can do. It's downloading the pictures off the memory card and out of the camera into the computer that has me stumped.

For the pictures of the bag I knit for the first scarf exchange (I participated in; really the second scarf exchange) and the first tote exchange, I ended up taking the card to a drug store and copying the pics to a disk there. It worked fine (if slow), but it's a step I don't really need to take, since the software to download the pics to my computer came with the camera. I really just need load it onto my laptop.

So why don't I, you ask? Fear, FEAR, I say. For as long as I've had to work with computers for various jobs (and I have, and I do) and as comfortable as I've become editing and even working with graphics (and I am), when there's not an IT department backing me up, I'm terrified that I'm going to somehow kill my computer. Maybe it's wishful thinking for all the times I've been frustrated and wanted to not so much kill my computer as torture it slowly until it begs for mercy. Unfortunately, I've never been able to find little feet on the thing that I could hold to a fire!

But hope does spring eternal. I have faith that I will, eventually, gather my courage and install my software. After all, I even have a blog now. (though it took me 3 tries to get that stupid little emoticon to sit where I wanted it!)

And in the meantime, here are some photos of old projects to tide us all over. Above is the scarf and hat I made for the previous scarf exchange, and below and to the side are the two sides of the last tote.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home