fiber diva

This is the chronicle of one woman's forays into knitting, crocheting, spinning, embroidery, papercrafts, and whatever else catches my fancy at any given time. Oh, and I talk about my cats a lot, too.

Thursday, October 05, 2006

More (non) progress on the scarf exchange

Trying to sort out and keep up with the various exchange projects I'm involved with.

For the tote exchange, I'm now working on the seemingly endless I-cord straps for the bag, interspersed with Noni-type camilias in red, only one of which is (almost) done. And I'm thinking, too, about making at least one black one with a red center. I'm also debating about permanently attaching them, or putting them on a pin back, so my tote pal can take them off the bag, or even use them as pins if she so desired. More versatile, yes, but will that make the flowers less stable on the tote itself?

And on the scarf exchange project, I have ......not much progress to report. In fact, I might just have made negative progress. When I was a kid, I always wondered about imaginary numbers such as negative numbers. I remember thinking that as much as I disliked math, it was unkind enough of teachers to make me figure out real numbers without creating imaginary numbers with all kinds of strange rules.

But since I started knitting, I think I understand the concepts of negative and imaginary numbers so much better. Because the number of rows I've done on my scarf are both imaginary, and, if you consider how many times I've frogged the very concept of what I'm doing, definitely negative.

What's the problem, you ask? It's that I think I've changed my mind yet again. As you may remember, first I was going to use the koigu from the stash. Then I decided I wanted something silkier and found a sale on some Cherry Tree Hill fingering silk, with maybe a pattern from Lavish Lace. So I ordered the yarn. Decent plan, right?......sure. Except that in the meantime I wandered into a yarn shop and across some Artyarns Silk Rhapsody in this lovely combo of blues and greens and just couldn't resist it. So now I'm thinking that I'll use the silk rhapsody with either the Touch of Whimsey scarf or the Column of Leaves scarf that some of you were so kind to recommend back when I was using the koigu. sigh.....but notice that this is all what I will do (and not what I have done...except for the spending part!).

Late again!
(Ok, I've tried three times to upload images and three times they haven't come through. I'm going to try again later.)

2 Comments:

  • At 7:14 AM, Blogger Deborah said…

    You still have time with the swaps... I'm just starting on my scarf and I can get my bag done in 4-5 days with drying time so my poor swap buddy will probably get their things right at deadline... What's up with all those early risers? Did you see all of those things have have already been delivered??? Oh my...

     
  • At 11:11 AM, Blogger Kim in NJ said…

    Thanks for the message. I'm really relieved that I'm not the only one who's still working on these projects. Even though I know that I still have time left, especially for the scarf, every time I read about someone sending off or receiving their package, I get a little "oh no, I'm late" jolt.

    Not that I'm suggesting that other people shouldn't be fast....I just need them to stop telling me about it ;-).

     

Post a Comment

<< Home