fiber diva

This is the chronicle of one woman's forays into knitting, crocheting, spinning, embroidery, papercrafts, and whatever else catches my fancy at any given time. Oh, and I talk about my cats a lot, too.

Saturday, October 27, 2007

My peculiar aristocratic title

I think I've posted that I've now joined ravelry (kimberlynj, in case anyone wants to visit my small pile of finished objects and much larger [and continually growing] pile of wips), which includes a couple of the forum groups. And I have to say, I'm both enjoying and learning a lot from the Completely Arbitrary and Pointless forum (which really, really ought to be the name of a Monty Python sketch....especially if it featured John Cleese tangled up in yarn and knitting needles...hee).

For example, I'm sorry to tell you that, after taking what I'm sure is a carefully thought out, and quite possibly even scientifically validated, on-line quiz, I now know that I have only a 38% chance of surviving a zombie apocolypse (of the Night of the Living Dead or 28 Days Later variety). I would be disappointed in myself....if it didn't give me yet another excuse to eat dessert first---"diet, schmiet; since I have only a 38% chance of surviving the next zombie apocolypse, and zombies don't eat banana cream pie, I'd better have a piece now." (Yeah, the whole thing falls apart if you apply logic. Ya just gotta go with it.)

Conversely, I now know that some people can get their cats to wear turtlenecks. And I gotta say, that actually makes me feel less useful than my poor showing in zombie quiz. Because I believe that trying to get any one of my cats into a wee sweater, no matter what the neckline, would cause me more harm than any boatload full of brain-craving zombies. And for that matter, so do my cats!

But on the bright side, I have a totally cool peculiar aristocratic title:

My Peculiar Aristocratic Title is:
Her Eminence the Very Viscountess Kimberly the Insouciant of Withering Glance
Get your Peculiar Aristocratic Title


So, what do you think my chances are of getting everyone I know to refer to me as Her Eminence the Very Viscountess Kimberly the Insouciant of Withering Glance. No? How about just "Her Eminence the Insouciant?" "The Insouciant of Withering Glance?" "Oh, that Kim, the Withering Glancer....." no, huh.

How about HEVVKIWG for short? Oh, no wait. I'm not sure I really want to be Hevkiwg.

Well, I guess I could go back to trying turtlenecks on the cats. And then you can just call me "Kimberly in the hospital" ;-)

1 Comments:

  • At 5:07 PM, Blogger fleecyknits said…

    I especially like the withering glance. :-)

    I'm impressed you spent the afternoon on your blog. I spent it on Ravelry. Quelle surprise, n'est ce pas? ;-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home