fiber diva

This is the chronicle of one woman's forays into knitting, crocheting, spinning, embroidery, papercrafts, and whatever else catches my fancy at any given time. Oh, and I talk about my cats a lot, too.

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Time Flies and Times Change

Trying not to wait so long between posts, but it's been busy here in diva-land. Since around my last post, I've bought a car, finished and blocked the scarf for my scarf pal, had a mini-vacation, had a spinning wheel delivered, and, after much sturm, drang, and consternation, had one of my nieces move in with me.

Of course, that last thing is the biggest, but since it's a long story, and a long story not all of which is mine to tell, I'm going to give it an abbreviated mention for the moment. I'll just say that she's been having some trouble finding her way in the world (complicated by a learning disability and some other issues), and yadda, yadda, yadda (as Seinfeld would say) so now she's staying with me.
After some initial trepidation on both sides, she and the cats have reached a wary detente, and Charlotte even let her scratch her head the other night. Since I have cat-loving friends who think Charlotte is a figment of my imagination, so consistently does she hide when strangers (ie, people who aren't me) come over, I'm taking that as quite a positive sign. Other than that, we're taking a day at a time.
The other changes are happier, and I'll post about them tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home