fiber diva

This is the chronicle of one woman's forays into knitting, crocheting, spinning, embroidery, papercrafts, and whatever else catches my fancy at any given time. Oh, and I talk about my cats a lot, too.

Thursday, March 01, 2007

Well, that's what I get for waiting so long before posts

See, I took so long between posts that I completely forgot that I'd already posted the yarn I sent to Debbie! Pfft. The ol' memory is not what it used to be, I'm afraid. Or I should say that it's not what I remember it being....whether it was ever as good as I give it credit for is anybody's guess!

So, I'll try to post pictures I'm pretty sure that I haven't already posted. Here is a shot of me at my sit-n-knit, working on the red scarf for the red scarf project back in February. I was so late getting that scarf off that I'm starting work now on the scarf for next February. Don't laugh; it's my best shot at actually getting it done and sent off in time!


This yarn is some of my handspun, from a 3-oz batch of Ramboulet roving that friend Pam (who seems to have given up the spinning bug) gave me. Here the spun yarn is in the front with a bit of unspun roving in the back.
The interesting thing about this was that the yarn came out self-striping, with consistent sections of pinkish, pink and blue marled, etc. Because I Andean ply (or perhaps because I'm just not that clever at it yet), usually I have a difficult time getting any consistency to how colors come together in the plying stage when I'm working with variegated dyed roving. I can't seem to control it, probably in no small part because I can't seem to predict it!

But in this case, I was able to split the relatively small amount of roving right in the middle to pre-draft, and I was very careful to follow the same pattern with the colors. Though I have to admit that I had no idea I'd managed any real consistency until I knit it into a small bag, then felted, as a thank-you to Pam for this and a bunch of other roving and spindles she gave me. (Sorry, no pic, though I did think it came out kinda cute, if I say so myself )

1 Comments:

  • At 2:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Pretty Yarn!
    Holly

     

Post a Comment

<< Home