fiber diva

This is the chronicle of one woman's forays into knitting, crocheting, spinning, embroidery, papercrafts, and whatever else catches my fancy at any given time. Oh, and I talk about my cats a lot, too.

Thursday, February 15, 2007

You learn something new every day!

Or at least I do! (well, ok, at least most days ;-) Today I learned that I can download pictures from my camera to my work computer without installing the special, came-with-the-camera-and-they-make-it-sound-like-it's-the-only-software-that'll-work software! In theory, at least, that's going to make my posting go quite a bit quicker. In reality? Well, I'm still as likely to forget either the camera or the little cable thingy that connects camera and USB port on any given day as to remember them both.
But to celebrate, here are some pictures to catch up on previous posts. Here is the yarn that I spun for the January present for the Knit to Spin swap. Although I sent the yarn in January, I'd actually spun it several months before. You can see how uneven I am in terms of texture. It's also pretty thick at that point, ranging from a worsted at it's thinnest to a super bulky at it's thickest. Still, despite its flaws, I think it came out pretty overall. This is a picture of it on the spindle. Looks a lot darker here; not sure why.


And here is the yarn I sent my pal Debbie for the mystery skein swap. Both are silk/merino blends. The top, in blues, is 30/70, bought from the Copper Moose on Ebay, and the bottom (oranges) is 50/50 laps from yarn or a tale, an etsy shop. Again, I'm pretty uneven, but I really liked the colors; all Autumn hues. Both yarns are pretty soft, and the orange, which I spun maybe a month after the blue, while still uneven, is thinner, running from a sport to bulky. I'm still working on getting a consistent worsted. It just doesn't seem to be happening.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:07 AM, Blogger fleecyknits said…

    Let me tell you, I've seen Kim's blue yarn in person and it is gorgeous!! She does amazing things with a drop spindle. :-)

    Sarah

     

Post a Comment

<< Home