fiber diva

This is the chronicle of one woman's forays into knitting, crocheting, spinning, embroidery, papercrafts, and whatever else catches my fancy at any given time. Oh, and I talk about my cats a lot, too.

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Distraction strategy #34

Ok, so here I am trying to prepare for gallbladder surgery in mid-November by trying to 1) avoid eating food with any fat in it at all....seriously, no fat, 0, goose egg, nada, nyet, zilch, and 2) avoid thinking about the fact that in a few short weeks, folks are going to put me to sleep, root around in my innards, and take one of my innards out! (yeah, even writing that is thinking about it more than is good for me)

So, in addition to the knitting, spinning, filling in my Ravelry profile, worrying about my niece, working (oh, yeah, that's right, I work ;-), and preparing to write a novel in a month, here is an interesting meme that I found on my Christmas Around the World downstream partner's blog:

Bold for stuff you’ve done, italics for stuff you plan to do eventually, and normal for stuff you don’t intend to do ever.

Afghan
I-cord
Garter stitch
Knitting with metal wire
Shawl
Stockinette stitch
Socks: top-down
Socks: toe-up
Knitting with camel yarn (I've spun some camel; now I just have to get around to knitting with it)
Mittens: Cuff-up
Mittens: Tip-down
Hat
Knitting with silk
Moebius band knitting
Participating in a KAL (HA! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!)
Sweater
Drop stitch patterns (Oh, I've dropped stitches....just not so much on purpose yet)
Knitting with recycled/secondhand yarn
Slip stitch patterns
Knitting with bananafiber yarn (there's such a thing as banana fiber yarn? Really?)
Domino knitting
Twisted stitch patterns
Knitting with Bamboo yarn
Two end knitting
Charity knitting
Knitting with soy yarn
Cardigan
Toy/Doll clothing (my first, and thus far only, top-down sweater, will fit a teddy bear....provided I'm willing to unstuff his head, put the sweater on and then re-stuff his head)
Knitting with circular needles (though not my favorite thing to do)
Baby items (yeah, yeah)
Knitting with your own handspun yarn (though not as much as I should be, considering how much there is of it now)
Slippers
Graffitti knitting (knitting items on, or to be left on the street) (what's the purpose of that, I wonder?)
Continental Knitting
Designing knitted garments
Cable stitch patterns
Lace patterns (my new love!)
Publishing a knitting book (ah, wouldn't that be loverly?)
Scarf (too many to count!)
Teaching a child to knit (does it count if it doesn't seem to have "taken" with them?)
English knitting
Knitting to make money
Buttonholes
Knitting with Alpaca
Fair Isle Knitting
Dying with plant colors
Knitting items for a wedding
Household items (dishcloths, washcloths, tea cosies…)
Knitting socks (or other small tubular items) on two circulars
Olympic knitting
Knitting with someone else’s handspun yarn (maybe...I think I should knit with more of my own, first)
Knitting with dpns
Holiday related knitting (meaning gifts or making holiday-themed items, cause yes to 1 and probably not to 2)
Teaching a male to knit (I don't know...if I ever meet a guy who wants to learn, I'd be happy to teach)
Bobbles (hate bobbles; I just leave them off if I like a be-bobbled pattern)
Knitting for a living (nah, it'd take all the joy out of it for me)
Knitting with cotton
Knitting smocking
Dying yarn
Steeks (aaaaaahhhhhhhhh cutting the knitting.....aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh)
Knitting art (are you suggesting that my knitting isn't art?)
Knitting two socks (or other small tubular items) on two circulars simultaneously (I'm trying these right now with the "two at a time socks")
Fulling/felting
Knitting with wool
Textured Knitting
Kitchener Bind Off (but I don't have to like it!)
Purses/bags
Knitting with beads
Swatching (but I don't have to like it!)
Long Tail CO
Entrelac
Knitting/Purling Backwards
Machine knitting
Knitting with self-patterning/selfstriping/variegating yarn
Stuffed Toys
Knitting with Cashmere
Darning
Jewelry
Knitting with synthetic yarn
Writing a pattern
Gloves
Intarsia
Knitting with Linen
Tubular CO
Freeform knitting
Short rows
Cuffs/fingerless mits/armwarmers
Pillows
Knitting a pattern from an online knitting magazine
RugKnitting on a loom (?)
Thrummed knitting
Knitting a gift
Knitting for pets (on purpose I mean, not that they haven't taken WIPs as toys already...Bad kitties!)
Shrug/Bolero/Poncho
Knitting with dog/cat hair (intentionally? though I have spun cat hair....what? like you've never stared at the cats and thought, "hmmmm, I wonder...")
Hair accessories
Knitting in public

1 Comments:

  • At 1:37 PM, Blogger Deborah said…

    can those guys who are pocking around in your innards like poof up some places, trim down some others and tighten up the squeeze box?? If not, what's the point? Oh, sorry, you are having non-elective surgery, sorry. Hope it all goes well!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home